In both personal and financial terms, your home may be the largest investment you’ll ever make. Homeowner’s insurance helps you financially protect yourself, your home, and its contents. In the event of a loss, your homeowner’s policy provides funds to repair, replace, or restore your home and/or its contents, as well as funds to pay legal costs associated with liability claims brought against you by individuals who may be injured while on your property.
Benefits of Homeowner’s Insurance
- Safeguards your home and its belongings, your family, and yourself against natural disasters, theft, and injury.
- Protects you against personal injury claims or legal costs that could incur if someone is injured on your property.
- Endorsements can be added to individual policies to help ensure you have the amount of coverage you need.
- Coverage includes: claim defense, first aid to others, and damage to property of others (under casualty coverage).
Features of Homeowner’s Insurance
- Ability to extend property coverage beyond your personal premises.
- Option to reduce your out-of-pocket premium by increasing your deductible.
- Twelve-month policy renewal periods.
- Option to increase coverage on specific items such as jewelry or art by adding special policy riders.
- Premium discounts for fire and theft devices or for owning more than one policy with the same insurer.
Elements to Consider
- Your premium may increase based on claim experience or the number of perils you insure against.
- If you make significant improvements or modifications to your home, your policy may need to be adjusted to accommodate those changes.
- Most banks and mortgage companies will require you to purchase homeowner’s insurance before they will extend credit to you.
Please contact First Line Insurance Services directly with any questions or additional insurance needs.